[SunHELP] Sun sparcstation10 & compactflash

lz lordzorcon at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 8 10:50:54 CST 2008

hey list-

I have a little sparc 10 here, and I want to swap the disk for something a little less "moving". I was looking at this thing:
ACARD ARS-2000FU IDE to Ultra SCSI
(http://4onlineshop.stores.yahoo.net/arulscbrfdef.html)

and plugging it into this guy:
CompactFlash (CF) to 40-pin IDE Adapter
(http://www.geeks.com/details.asp?invtid=CF2IDE-35-BULK)

I have the CF adapter, so I'd like to use it, but I haven't picked up the ACARD yet.

I'd like to know, does anyone have any experience with the ACARD with a sparc10? I'm running Solaris, but I could just as easily be running OpenBSD. Will it work? Will it boot?

TIA-
Mario