[SunHELP] Solaris 9 to Solaris 10 "upgrade"

Rodney Sparapani rsparapa at mcw.edu
Fri Aug 17 11:30:42 CDT 2007

Rodney Sparapani wrote:
> for #2.  Is there
> a list of tips somewhere?  I tried 2 book stores, but all they had
> was Solaris 10 Internals.  While I'm sure that would be a very
> interesting read, I doubt it would help me set up my system.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Rodney

I never found a list of tips, per se.  However, I have found a book
that seems to cover what you need to know to upgrade to Solaris 10:
Sun Certified System Administrator for Solaris 10 Study Guide by
Paul Sanghera and published by McGraw Hill/Osbourne.  The book's focus
is on taking certification exams
so I had initially over-looked it.  But, when I examined it more
closely, I found that it answered alot of questions that I had.  I'm
only up to chapter 3 (performing system boot and shutdown), but I
can see that it is a great resource, even if you have no intention
of taking the exams.  It covers alot of the nitty-gritty that you
don't find in higher level texts like Inside Solaris 9, but not too
in-depth like Solaris 10 Internals.

Rodney