[SunHELP] boot: cannot open kernel/sparcv9/unix

Dave K davek08054 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 15 15:20:00 CDT 2007

On 8/15/07, Sandwich Maker <adh at an.bradford.ma.us> wrote:
> " From: "Peter Ullah" <Peter.Ullah at telindus.co.uk>
> " I am trying to jumpstart a V215, following exactly the same procedure as with
> " all previous builds although they have been V240, and V210.
> do you have a kernel directory named SUNW,Sun-Fire-V215?  iirc this
> would ordinarily be a symlink to the appropriate karch.

Are you sure that this new(-ish) hardware is supported by the OS
version you're trying to install?

$WORK recently had to switch to a newer version of Solaris 9 than we
had been using for that very reason (in this case using a Netra 210
rather than a 120 or 240).

--
Dave K
Unix Systems & Network Administrator