[SunHELP] Reconfiguring an A1000

William Enestvedt William.Enestvedt at jwu.edu
Thu May 25 09:20:01 CDT 2006

Nadine wrote:

> There is a tool, called "explorer" available from Sun that basically
> collects all the configuration info from a server and stuffs it into
> an archive which can then be mailed.
>
> This is often the very first thing a Sun SE will ask for if you call
> about a problem with your servers.

   Explorer is the second choice now when calling Sun Support for a
contract question: they prefer you to have been running the "SRS Net
Connect" software on all your servers in order to upload status & error
data to their web farm 24/7.

   I would buck in the traces more about it, but there's one valid point
in their favor: it can be hard to get diagnostic data if the system is
already down. :7)

-wde
--
Will Enestvedt