[SunHELP] Reconfiguring an A1000

Werth, Dave dave.werth at garmin.com
Wed May 24 15:42:09 CDT 2006

Les,

Well, our DB consists of a lot of small tables (< 2K) and a few larger ones
and is probably 98% read access and 2% write most of the time so maybe the
2K DB Block Size is ok.  I'm not really interested in reconfiguring Oracle
at this time but maybe I'll use 128K stripes and leave some room for
changing Oracle in the future.  Upgrading Solaris or Oracle is not an option
at this time since the ERP software is not certified beyond our current
levels.  I understand the issues with RAID 5 but can't afford to lose all of
the capacity it would cost me to go to RAID 1 on all of the array and as I
said we never have complaints about performance.

Thanks, Dave

David Werth
Garmin AT, Inc
Salem, Oregon