[SunHELP] Terminal Server / SC Management recommendations?

David Stipp dstipp at coolhack.net
Thu Jan 12 14:18:43 CST 2006

On Thu, Jan 12, 2006 at 12:37:13AM -0500, velociraptor wrote:
> I think they are worth the extra--but make sure you get good cables
> for them.  You *can* get the "break" problem with cheap cables.

RE: Breaks and Sun machines:

The easiest thing to do to ``fix'' the break problem is to enable the
alternate break sequence.

See http://sysunconfig.net/unixtips/alternate_break_sequence.txt  for
information on this.  (sunsolve docid 20427)

After powercycling the supposedly ``break safe'' Digi portserver II
boxes in the machine room at work during a maintaince window and halting
every sun machine in there, I set this on everything and haven't had a
problem since.

David

--
David Stipp <dstipp at coolhack.net>