[SunHELP] Solaris ldap client and openldap server

velociraptor velociraptor at gmail.com
Wed Feb 8 14:58:42 CST 2006

On 2/6/06, Simon Annear <simon at annear.org> wrote:
> Hi all
>
> I'm in the process of trying to get some Solaris machines to
> authenticate against an openldap server.  I know that I would be much
> better off using Sun Directory Server, however that is not an option in
> this instance.
>
> I'm using the native Solaris ldap client / libraries on the clients, and
> a resonably recent version of openldap.
>
> I've sucessfully been able to get it all working when both the clients
> and server are configured to use crypt as the passwd hashing algorithm,
> but have had no sucess getting it to work with md5 (or sha1).
>
> Has anyone on the list looked into this ?

What version of Solaris--implementing LDAP on Solaris 8
is a little tougher than Solaris 9 and greater?

You should probably track down the Sun Blueprint on LDAP.
However, I would assume that you'd need to enable other
hashing options using:

/etc/security/policy.conf

just as you would if you were switching to md5 or blowfish in
your local shadow file.

=Nadine=