[SunHELP] Generating shared libraries

Miguel Cardenas mfcardenas at prodigy.net.mx
Tue Feb 7 23:07:01 CST 2006

Hello list

The idea of installing solaris was to port a library am developing, originally
was created for linux, was ported to freebsd and now want to port it to
solaris...

Currently the code has been ported with a few modifications, but the problem
is linking, the 'ld' is a bit different than in linux or freebsd and the man
page did not help me too much to understand how to use it...

The question is... where can I find a tutorial or note or samples to build
shared libraries?? just need a few samples and notes.

The link command I used in linux and freebsd was

gcc -shared -Wl,-soname,libv2.so.$VOODOO2_MAJOR \
    -o libv2.so.$VOODOO2_MAJOR.$VOODOO2_MINOR \
    exceptions.o signal.o \
    voodoo.o voodoo_cgi.o voodoo_crypt.o voodoo_daemon.o voodoo_dynlib.o
voodoo_email.o voodoo_irc.o voodoo_sockets.o

but in solaris returns a message that '-o' is defined two times and don't know
why.

Anybody knows a tutorial or article?

Thanks!