[SunHELP] steps to install oracle 8 database on solaris 8 $ 9

listmail listmail at triad.rr.com
Wed Oct 19 17:51:01 CDT 2005

I second these comments.  Although we are still stable on 8.1.7.4, I
have a 9.2.0.6 quality assurance instance which is at least 6 months old
and has been rock stable, although not load tested.  Preparing for the
upgrade can be pain in the ass with all the documents to follow and
considerations.   After its streamlined you can get it done in a day
including invalid object recompiles, give more time if you are on
E-buiness and have to apply additional patches and if you choose to
convert to OATM.