[SunHELP] libiconv.so.2

Marc Belanger bru1n at comcast.net
Fri May 27 20:42:34 CDT 2005

My experience with default installs is that crle only knows about
/usr/lib. When I add a new box to nagios|plugins, I usually only have to
add /usr/local/lib for libiconv.

The plugins on Solaris 8|9|10 DO NOT WORK with /usr/lib first in the
library path order, for me at least. That is with a vanilla SUNWxcall
install.

I always have to use; crle -l /usr/local/lib:/usr/lib; after installing
the plugins on target boxes with gcc and libiconv from precompiled binaries.

I will reinforce the statement that having an extra root shell open when
changing global environment things|stuff has saved my ass more than
once. Also note that *.bak or *.YYMMDD is a great idea, in general.