[SunHELP] SNMP configuration for resource usage

listmail at triad.rr.com listmail at triad.rr.com
Fri Aug 19 10:11:19 CDT 2005

We are running the fluke networks superagent which can kick off an SNMP
investigation for us and I need to get Solaris SNMP setup to where it
will report resource usage on the server as well.  Right now the
default SNMP configs are only reporting detail on the local interface
(s).  Do I need to go with another SNMP install or do I have the option
within the configuration?  I did not see where I could do such through
the manpage or /etc/snmp/conf/snmp.conf file.  Thanks for your time.

Solaris 8

# pkginfo -l SUNWsacom
   PKGINST:  SUNWsacom
      NAME:  Solstice Enterprise Agents 1.0.3 files for root file system
  CATEGORY:  system
      ARCH:  sparc
   VERSION:  11.8.0,REV=2000.01.08.18.12
   BASEDIR:  /
    VENDOR:  Sun Microsystems, Inc.
      DESC:  Solstice Enterprise Agents 1.0.3 files for root file system
    PSTAMP:  Solstice Enterprise Agents 1.0.3 files - 04/09/00
  INSTDATE:  May 29 2003 18:08
   HOTLINE:  Please contact your local service provider
    STATUS:  completely installed
     FILES:       45 installed pathnames
                  10 shared pathnames
                  10 linked files
                  19 directories
                   3 executables
                 336 blocks used (approx)

# pkginfo -l SUNWsasnm
   PKGINST:  SUNWsasnm
      NAME:  Solstice Enterprise Agents 1.0.3 Simple Network Management
Protocol
  CATEGORY:  system
      ARCH:  sparc
   VERSION:  11.8.0,REV=2000.01.08.18.12
   BASEDIR:  /
    VENDOR:  Sun Microsystems, Inc.
      DESC:  Solstice Enterprise Agents 1.0.3 Simple Network Management
Protocol
    PSTAMP:  Solstice Enterprise Agents 1.0.3 Simple Network Management
Protocol - 04/09/00
  INSTDATE:  May 29 2003 18:09
   HOTLINE:  Please contact your local service provider
    STATUS:  completely installed
     FILES:       10 installed pathnames
                   4 shared pathnames
                   4 directories
                   4 executables
                 784 blocks used (approx)

# pkginfo -l SUNWsadmi
   PKGINST:  SUNWsadmi
      NAME:  Solstice Enterprise Agents 1.0.3 Desktop Management
Interface
  CATEGORY:  system
      ARCH:  sparc
   VERSION:  11.8.0,REV=2000.01.08.18.12
   BASEDIR:  /
    VENDOR:  Sun Microsystems, Inc.
      DESC:  Solstice Enterprise Agents 1.0.3 Desktop Management
Interface
    PSTAMP:  Solstice Enterprise Agents 1.0.3 Desktop Management
Interface - 04/09/00
  INSTDATE:  May 29 2003 18:08
   HOTLINE:  Please contact your local service provider
    STATUS:  completely installed
     FILES:       14 installed pathnames
                   3 shared pathnames
                   4 directories
                   7 executables
                1333 blocks used (approx)

# pkginfo -l SUNWmibii
   PKGINST:  SUNWmibii
      NAME:  Solstice Enterprise Agents 1.0.3 SNMP daemon
  CATEGORY:  system
      ARCH:  sparc
   VERSION:  11.8.0,REV=2000.01.08.18.12
   BASEDIR:  /
    VENDOR:  Sun Microsystems, Inc.
      DESC:  Solstice Enterprise Agents 1.0.3 snmp daemon
    PSTAMP:  Solstice Enterprise Agents 1.0.3 SNMP daemon - 04/09/00
  INSTDATE:  May 29 2003 18:08
   HOTLINE:  Please contact your local service provider
    STATUS:  completely installed
     FILES:        4 installed pathnames
                   3 shared pathnames
                   3 directories