[SunHELP] Solaris9 x86 running but some little problems

Espen Randen sunhelp at lpl.nu
Thu Sep 23 00:25:39 CDT 2004

On Wed, Sep 22, 2004 at 10:24:47PM -0500, Miguel Cardenas wrote:
> At first installed KDE, it works now, but it is configured at low resolution
> colors (256 colors)... how can I change it to 24 or 32 bits?

I followed the examples on this page to get mu U2 with a Creator3D to use
24bit;
http://www.unixgods.org/~tilo/sun_2monitors.html

> Well, another quesion... I got mozilla 1.7 from this site too, but does not
> work, it crashes. How can I uninstall the package? is it possible with
pkgrm?
> or how? got it with 'pkg-get'...

First, find out what the name of the mozilla package is;
pkginfo | grep -i moz

Then remove it with pkgrm;
pkgrm name-of-mozilla-package

> Which command (I guess pkg*) can I use to list all the packages installed?
> maybe could need to remove one package and need to know the full name of it
> to use pkgrm... is there a graphical utility to manage packages?

pkginfo will list all installed packages. man pkginfo for more information.
If you want a graphical utility I think admintool will do the job, but be
aware
that is has been marked as deprecated, and may be removed from Solaris
releases
after May 2004. However it is available on my Solaris 9 4/04 installation.

--
"YOU, with the C++ compiler and no knowledge of how computers work!
Back away from the keyboard with your hands up, NOW!"
- Dave McGuire, rescue at sunhelp.org