[SunHELP] Configuring network on Solaris 9

Miguel Cardenas mfcardenas at prodigy.net.mx
Wed Sep 1 14:46:22 CDT 2004

Hello list

I've just installed Solaris 9 for x86, but have a little problem, the ethernet
card was not recognized, I guess that 'cos can't even ping to and from the
outside solaris box, I get

ICMP Host Unreachable from gateway localhost (127.0.0.1)
 for icmo from localhost (127.0.0.1) to mysolarisbox (172.16.1.2)

172.16.1.1 is a linux box, both of them are connected in a home LAN and have
internet access thru a router... when configuring network at install choosed
"Detect" in the router seccion (instead of specify one or none...

How can I fix that? am new to solaris, know linux and a bit of freebsd, so can
move inside the system and edit configurations, but need it to be conneced to
internet so I can work directly from the solaris...

All I need is a solaris working with a compiler to port a software, connection
to my LAN and internet, that's all...

Thanks for your help!

P.S. Is there a graphic utility included to configure the system?