[SunHELP] Lazy lady....

Sandwich Maker adh at an.bradford.ma.us
Wed Sep 1 12:12:53 CDT 2004

" From: "Fernando Machado Jr." <fmachadoj at inf.ufrgs.br>
"
" we have a software running in our solaris for comparing gene sequences
" in databases, called blast. We did an analysis here yesterday and it
" took 20 minutes more than a desktop that we have running linux here.
"
" there are little services running, because this machine is only used for
" that.
"
" any tips? what can make this huge machine act like my 486?

could it be that blast is poorly threaded and doesn't take full
advantage of multiple procs?