[SunHELP] Lazy lady....

Fernando Machado Jr. fmachadoj at inf.ufrgs.br
Wed Sep 1 12:01:24 CDT 2004

I'll try.... ;)

we have a software running in our solaris for comparing gene sequences
in databases, called blast. We did an analysis here yesterday and it
took 20 minutes more than a desktop that we have running linux here.

there are little services running, because this machine is only used for
that.

any tips? what can make this huge machine act like my 486?

RGDS!

Dale Ghent wrote:

> On Sep 1, 2004, at 12:49 PM, Fernando Machado Jr. wrote:
>
>> what can make a 8gb-ram, 4-processor Fire880v running solaris 8 be
>> more lazy than a pentium 4 running linux????
>

> Can you be more vague?
>
> /dale

User:J. Fernando de L. Machado Jr.

MoTD:

Linux abUser / Solaris Slave / Windows Agressor / Dodge Disassembler ;)

$USER_LOCAL=Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Sul - Brasil
$USER_PATH=/Instituto de Informatica/Laboratsrio de Bioinformatica
$export USER_LOCAL USER_PATH
$exit
Remote session closed by foreign host!

*NIX Any version on Any processor (Sparc, 68000 or X86)