[SunHELP] Sun Ultra 5_10 Boot Problem

saravanan.nanjappan at wipro.com saravanan.nanjappan at wipro.com
Wed Jun 30 01:58:15 CDT 2004

Hi All,

            I have never seen this problem before. Probable you might
come across this situation. Any help would be appreciated. When I try to
boot Sun Ultra 5 box (it's already installed with Solaris 8 OS. It was
working well before) it end up at some stage, will give you more insight
if you look into the boot process message.

Here is the boot process message:-

Boot device: /pci at 1f,0/pci at 1,1/ide at 3/disk at 0,0 File and args: -s
FCode UFS Reader 1.11 97/07/10 16:19:15.

            It hung up at this stage. I have tried network boot , local
cdrom boot. Not solved my problem. Can anyone have come across this case
?.

Thanks & Regards,

Saravanan Nanjappan