[SunHELP] Solaris 7 system not coming Up

Charu Kamath charu.bhargava at estelcom.com
Sat Jun 19 06:45:20 CDT 2004

Hi!!

I just rebooted my sun machine (Solaris 7 SUN Ultra5 SPARC) while rebooting
it was giving showmount RPC bind related errors. Though couldn't log the
exact message.
Now after logging into the machine I am not getting the display. It shows a
small window with "OK" and an exclamation (!) sign.

I am unable to telnet the machine (remote login) as well. though the DNS
(nameserver BIND installed on the machine is working fine).
Can anyone suggest what could be the problem and how can I resolve it?

Thanks
Charu