[SunHELP] SNMP traps?

Simon Marko smarko at ims.telstra.com.au
Fri Jun 4 21:53:55 CDT 2004

If you're looking for free tools, look no further than the Net-SNMP
project ( net-snmp.sourceforge.net )
But I think what you are really after is a trap receiver (trapd). This
basically listens to UDP/162 for SNMP traps and then does something with
them. Most Network management applications (eg. HP Openview NNM, Concord
TrapEXPLODER, Micromuse Netcool, etc.) have an integrated trap receiver,
for a price.
Also check out snmp.com - there may be some low/no-cost solutions for
you there.
It's possible that Sun Management Centre software has a trap receiver as
well, but I haven't looked closely at that app.
Regards
Simon Marko