[SunHELP] Upgrading A1000 controller firmware

ert weerr sun1sol at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 4 02:09:07 CDT 2004

Hi Guruz,

We have 2 A1000 disk arrays w. firmware version
02.05.02.11
As I read in the documentation I have to upgrade
it first to version 2.5.6.32 and then to
3.01.02.xx

Ok, I started the upgrade process but the RAID
Manager send a warning message that I have to
upgrade the NVSRAM first.
It said that I can obtain the new NVSRAM file
from our customer representative...

Can I download this file from the internet, and
than I should really upgrade these A1000s in 4 steps?

1.) download the NVSRAM file for 2.5.6.32
2.) download the 2.5.6.32 firmware upgrade
3.) download the NVSRAM file for 3.01.02.xx
4.) download the 3.01.02.xx firmware upgrade

It sounds me a really pain to get start to
use this simple A1000... :(

Thanks in advance!

John