[SunHELP] Re: [pamldap] pam_ldap tls/ssl connection failed: SSL3_GET_RECORD:wrong version number s3_pkt.c:297

Lara Adianto m1r4cle_26 at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 8 05:47:44 CDT 2004

Hello,

I'm still stuck with my problem...

I've tried to modify my ldap.conf in solaris as simple
as possible by not doing server verification, etc and
leave out only ssl start_tls.

Unfortunately, the problem persists. The server still
complains about wrong version number which I don't
have a clue at all what it means.

TLS trace: SSL_accept:before/accept initialization
TLS trace: SSL_accept:SSLv3 read client hello A
TLS trace: SSL_accept:SSLv3 write server hello A
TLS trace: SSL_accept:SSLv3 write certificate A
TLS trace: SSL_accept:SSLv3 write server done A
TLS trace: SSL_accept:SSLv3 flush data
TLS trace: SSL_accept:error in SSLv3 read client
certificate A
TLS trace: SSL_accept:error in SSLv3 read client
certificate A
daemon: select: listen=6 active_threads=0 tvp=NULL
daemon: select: listen=7 active_threads=0 tvp=NULL
daemon: activity on 1 descriptors
daemon: activity on: 10r
daemon: read activity on 10
connection_get(10): got connid=1
connection_read(10): checking for input on id=1
TLS trace: SSL_accept:error in SSLv3 read client
certificate A
TLS: can't accept.
TLS: error:1408F10B:SSL routines:SSL3_GET_RECORD:wrong
version number s3_pkt.c:297
connection_read(10): TLS accept error error=-1 id=1,
closing
connection_closing: readying conn=1 sd=10 for close
connection_close: conn=1 sd=10

I tried the certificates with an ldapclient in the
same machine as the server, and it works perfectly. I
have no idea why it didn't work with solaris. From the
debugging message of the working negotiation, I can
see that the server should proceed by doing some kind
of key exchange with the client, but instead it said
TLS can't accept. Can somebody give me a clue ?

Thanks in advance,
lara

http://www.ypass.net/solaris8/openldap/gettingsoftware.html

=====