[SunHELP] Problem with gcc on sol7

Charu Kamath charu.bhargava at estelcom.com
Mon Jul 5 23:56:37 CDT 2004

Hi!!

I am trying to configure BIND-9.2.3 on Solaris 7. I ran configure (script)
for that. Included the PATH for gcc but getting the following errors:
GCC version is gcc-3.4.0-sol7-sparc-local
# ./configure
checking host system type... sparc-sun-solaris2.7
checking target system type... sparc-sun-solaris2.7
checking build system type... sparc-sun-solaris2.7
checking for gcc... gcc
checking whether the C compiler (gcc  ) works... no
configure: error: installation or configuration problem: C compiler cannot
create executables.
The config.log says installation problem. How do i check for the exact
problem?
# cat config.log
This file contains any messages produced by compilers while
running configure, to aid debugging if configure makes a mistake.

configure:575: checking host system type
configure:596: checking target system type
configure:614: checking build system type
configure:709: checking for gcc
configure:822: checking whether the C compiler (gcc  ) works
configure:838: gcc -o conftest    conftest.c  1>&5
ld.so.1: gcc: fatal: libiconv.so.2: open failed: No such file or directory
Killed
configure: failed program was:

#line 833 "configure"
#include "confdefs.h"