[SunHELP] solaris 8 authentication to openldap server : GUI problem

Lara Adianto m1r4cle_26 at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 5 00:52:41 CDT 2004

Hi again,

I forgot to mention that GUI login authentication
works when using the password in /etc/passwd, but when
the password is in ldap server, it failed. It simply
hangs in ldap_simple_bind function call which I can't
figure out why.

In other authentication (telnet, ssh, etc), it's able
to bind anonymously as "cn=Manager,dc=adianto,dc=com"
before authenticates as the real user. I believe it
should be the same with GUI login.

Anyone, please ?

-lara-

=====