[SunHELP] linux on V480

David Myers sgi_tux at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 30 19:39:38 CST 2004

we try to install redhat cd but server would not boot.

oracle rep told us to use linux for 10x performance boost over solaris but have not found the correct linux for sparc procedures yet.

any helps would be very much approved!

Jim Pennino <jimp at specsol.com> wrote:
On Fri, Jan 30, 2004 at 04:36:53PM -0800, David Myers wrote:
> hi all,
>
> anyone have infos or link to the HOWTO for install of linux on sunfire V480 server? we wish to use improved os for oracle database on company server.

Hmmm, one would think that an "improved os" would also come with improved
installation instructions...

--
Jim Pennino
SunHELP maillist - SunHELP at sunhelp.org