[SunHELP] Startup Debug

Howard Hurst howard.hurst at unitedadvertising.co.uk
Fri Jan 23 05:18:06 CST 2004

I've got a server that's hanging on a start-up script - only I can't
tell which one at the moment! Some of the services are starting up but
we can't telnet or ftp to the box, etc. I'm sure there's a simple
command to get the server to boot and show me on the screen what it's up
to. I can't actually reboot the box at the moment (I'll be able to
later) but is the command I'm looking for "boot -V"? Or is that just
like booting up the server in diagnostic mode? It's seeing what scripts
are being started and in what that I need to see, I'm not bothered about
hardware diagnostics and such like.

Cheers,

Howard.
IMPORTANT. Any views or opinions are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of United Business Media. The information transmitted is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. If you are not the intended recipient of this message, please do not read, copy, use or disclose this communication and notify the sender immediately. It should be noted that any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or  taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited.

This email may be monitored.