[SunHELP] Yahoo! News Story

hike1272-sunhelp at yahoo.com hike1272-sunhelp at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 12 13:38:21 CST 2004

Mr. Bill,

you should go to the authorities and register a complaint.

the attack on sunhelp.org is a dos attack.  while it might not be
effective enough to shutdown your connection, it is taking time (human
and machine--your server, my workstation, yahoo's email service,
routers, etc.), energy (human and electric), bandwidth, etc. from the
normal and accepted use of your website, mailserver, etc.

remember, just because something is "free" does not mean it lacks
value.  the sunhelp.org mailing lists are valuable to people throughout
the world (eg. craig of veritas in australia).

while there is not a "threat" or "profanity", the harrassment is
substantial since this has continued over four years.  at some point, i
would think that the phrase, "he's a fat guy", would meet the legal
criteria of indecent, taunting, descriminatory speech.

registering a complaint and escalating the works with the government
authorities works.

your district attorney, a free legal organization, the university of
texas law school, etc. can provide help.

a simple request would bring hundreds of people will to provide
evidence on your behalf concerning your character, your service to the
community, etc., etc.

hth,

hm