[SunHELP] problems compiling gcc on solaris8

Fernando Machado Jr. fmachadoj at inf.ufrgs.br
Fri Dec 10 10:51:25 CST 2004

uhm......... sounds that you got the sources... Do you know how to use
pkg tool??? First, which architecture are you using? Sparc or X86? at
sunfreeware you gotta choose the right platform/version, download and
install the package using pkgadd
Not the sources...

is that right?

Marvin Cummings wrote:

>I'm having problems with my command. I've got gcc in the following
>directory:
>/opt/source/objgcc/3.4.2
>
>Yet I get invalid configuration errors when I try either:
>./configure CC=/opt/source/objgcc
>./configure CC=/bin/gcc
>
>What am I doing wrong?
>
>Thanks for the link to blastwave. It appears as though the gcc3 file is the
>same as the one I downloaded from sunfreeware. Which file should I be
>looking for?
>
>Thanks

User:J. Fernando de L. Machado Jr.

MoTD:

Linux abUser / Solaris Slave / Windows Agressor / Dodge Disassembler ;)

$USER_LOCAL=Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Sul - Brasil
$USER_PATH=/Instituto de Informatica/Laboratsrio de Bioinformatica
$export USER_LOCAL USER_PATH
$exit
Remote session closed by foreign host!

*NIX Any version on Any processor (Sparc, 68000 or X86)