[SunHELP] openssh binary problem

Tim Longo tlongo at research.avayalabs.com
Tue Sep 30 16:30:19 CDT 2003

Hi,

I recently compiled the new openssh-3.7.1p2 on my Sunblade 100, Solaris
8 machine, and found the binary would not run on older Sparc 20's, but
would run on my Ultra's (1's, 30's, 60's, & 80's).  I thought it might
be that I compiled on a 64bit os?  So, I decided to compile on the Sparc 20.

Unfortunately, no luck, as I get the following error.  Any help would
be greatly appreciated.

Openssh-3.7.1p2
$ file sshd
sshd: ELF 32-bit MSB executable, SPARC32PLUS, V8+ Required, version 1, dynamically linked (uses shared libs), not stripped

$ sshd -d
bash: ./sshd: cannot execute binary file

Openssh-3.6.1p2
$ file sshd
sshd: ELF 32-bit MSB executable, SPARC, version 1, dynamically linked (uses shared libs), not stripped

$ sshd -d
debug1: sshd version OpenSSH_3.6.1p1