[SunHELP] Advice on T3 disk partition

Patrick Marquetecken patrick.marquetecken at pandora.be
Sun Sep 21 06:36:43 CDT 2003

Hi,
I need some advice, for reconfiguring my 2 - T3's.
At this moment we have 2 T3 with 36GB disks.
The T3 is configured as 2 Raid 5 volumes (Hardware) and each raid5 is
mirror with Veritas Volumemanager to the second T3.
Each raid5 volume is split in 7 slices.

The reason for this setup was, when we created one large raid5 it took a
fsck about 2 hours on this disk and 8 hours with fsck with a special
parameter. Now it takes about 30min to do a fsck.

The only problem on our setup is that of about 1TB there is 350GB we can
use, and this is a lot of wast on disk space.

Any advice would be fine.
Patrick

--
"Do you know what a Vulcan mind meld is?" -- Tuvok
"It's that thing where you grab someone's head..." -- Crewman Suiter

PGP Key: http://users.pandora.be/rivendell/marquetp.gpg
Fingerprint = 2792 057F C445 9486 F932 3AEA D3A3 1B0C 1059 273B
ICQ# 316932703
Registered Linux User #44550
http://counter.li.org

[demime 1.01b removed an attachment of type application/pgp-signature which had a name of signature.asc]