[SunHELP] Suspected Spam: Re: No OK Prom on Netra T1 (105)

Stefan Auweiler Stefan.Auweiler at saitc.de
Tue Sep 2 04:46:50 CDT 2003

I got more hints:

Thanks to Dan:
1. use ZOC for a good break signal.
-- Looks good, but does not 'break' the system either
2. maybe break has been switched off in NVRAM
-- What to do if break or the console has been switched off in the nvram.
Can I go back to the factory defaults?

Thanks to Kumud:
1. Did you try resetting NVRAM parameters by pressing ctrl+N ??
-- no di did not. When do I have to press ctrl-N? in LOM or at the
disapeared console? To the system powered on or off? Thank you.

Thanks to Robert:
1. typing "break" at the LOM> prom
-- break seems not to be an allowed command at lom>
2. If you cannot get out of LOM, it is usually good to type "reset" at the

prompt.  That will reboot the machine, and then, once the machine is coming
back up, when it is checking for the Operating System, you can then type
"#."
to get a LOM> prompt, and then type "break" to get the desired OK prompt.
-- there is no indicator, that the machine is checking for the OS.

Thanks to Mike:
1. remove the SCSI Disk, so that the system will ask for a booting device
-- done, but I can not see a question about the booting device.

An other question:
What do I have to see, if the system boots correctly, but does not give me
any console feedback? Are there any LEDs flashing at certain boot states or
something else?

Regards Stefan