[SunHELP] Solaris 7 to 8 upgrade - any gotchas?

William Enestvedt William.Enestvedt at jwu.edu
Thu Oct 23 11:58:35 CDT 2003

Ed Chase wrote:

> I will be attempting to do my first Solaris upgrade sometime in
> the near future. Any thing to watch out for?

   Like Richard Markham said, look out for version changesp: for example, I
upgraded a 420R from 2.6 to 8 and forgot to upgrade RAID Manager first. (That
would probably make me one of Hichael Morton's stupid people, which I hearily
agree is true!). Of course, the LUNs were all still there and useable, but the
GIU broke and it generated bogus alerts.
  Anyway, "look before you leap" and all that.
-wde
--
Will Enestvedt
UNIX System Administrator