[SunHELP] Problem with Patchadd]

Ben Ricker bricker at wellinx.com
Tue Oct 14 11:40:42 CDT 2003

I am trying to install the /dev/random patch for Solaris 8/Sparc. Here
is the patches' log entry for the error:

-----Log Snippet-----
This appears to be an attempt to install the same architecture and
version of a package which is already installed.  This installation
will attempt to overwrite this package.

/export/spare/home/bricker/112438-02/SUNWcarx.u/install/checkinstall: /export/spare/home/bricker/112438-02/SUNWcarx.u/install/checkinstall: cannot open
pkgadd: ERROR: checkinstall script did not complete successfully
Dryrun complete.
No changes were made to the system.
-----End Snippet-----

I tried running the checkinstall script from command line. Here is the
ouput:

# sudo /export/spare/home/bricker/112438-02/SUNWcarx.u/install/checkinstall
PaTcH_MsG 8 Version  of  is not installed on this system.

What is this telling me? Am I missing some pkgs? What might they be?

Thanks,

Ben Ricker
Wellinx.com