[SunHELP] Can't stat /dev/rdsk/c0t3d0s0

Munish Bajaj mbajaj at quark.co.in
Mon May 26 23:07:25 CDT 2003

Thanks Chris. The solution have worked.

Best Regards
Munish Bajaj

-----Original Message-----
From: Chris Pinnock [mailto:cjep at fawlty.net]
Sent: Monday, May 26, 2003 17:42
To: Munish Bajaj
Cc: Sunhelp (E-mail)
Subject: Re: [SunHELP] Can't stat /dev/rdsk/c0t3d0s0

On Mon, May 26, 2003 at 05:21:15PM +0530, Munish Bajaj wrote:
> Please tell me how to make the device using mknod i.e how to get the major
> number and minor number of the root disk.

You could try the following (untested -- there might be good reasons for
not doing the following, but if there are I can't think of them. It
might be enough to get you booted off of your disc again).

1. try booting single user from CD-ROM
2. fsck the root partition and mount it on /mnt (or /a or whatever).
3. Use "/usr/sbin/devfsadm -r /mnt" to create device nodes using /mnt as
	the root partition.
4. "touch /mnt/reconfigure" and "umount /mnt"
5. reboot the system.

Good luck,
Chris