[SunHELP] Type 6 Optical Mouse?

Phil Stracchino alaric at caerllewys.net
Mon May 26 20:38:50 CDT 2003

On Mon, May 26, 2003 at 08:16:36PM -0500, W. J wrote:
> I have found type 5 optical mouse for sell, but not a type 6. Does Sun
> even make a type 6 optical mouse?  If so, can someone provide a link
> to where I might purchase one?
>
> Thanks.
> Bill

Type 6 would be the Crossbow mouse, I believe.  *IS* there an optical
Crossbow?  I've never seen one.

On the other hand, if this is a newer Sun machine with USB ports and a
USB Crossbow mouse, then theoretically you ought to be able to plug in
any three-button non-wheel PC USB optical mouse, and it should Just
Work.  I can attest that plugging a USB Crossbow into a PC just
automatically works, with no need to install a specific driver, so the
reverse should also be true.

If anyone knows differently, please speak up.