[SunHELP] Disk for Ultra 1

P Nutton Paul.Nutton at awe.co.uk
Fri May 2 04:14:16 CDT 2003

> From: "Tim Longo" <tlongo at avaya.com>
>
> Does anyone have disks larger than 4GB in an Ultra 1? If so,
> what brand and
> model of disk?
> Thanks!

I use a pair of any of the following, usually as mirrors under disksuite to
make a cheap server. You can even hot swap them using the unmirror / spin
down in disksuite.

Manufacturer part number SUN height RSM2000/A3000/E450/SSA/A5000
Sparc5/Ultra1/Ultra2

Fujitsu MAB3091S SUN9.0G 1" yes yes
IBM DDRS39130 SUN9.0G 1" yes yes
Seagate ST39173WC SUN9.0G 1" yes yes
--
Paul Nutton, SysAdmin, High Performance Computing, AWE plc
Everything I know about animals I learnt from O'Reilly covers.

The information in this email and in any attachment(s) is commercial in confidence. If you are not the named addressee(s) or if you receive this email in error then any distribution, copying or use of this communication or the information in it is strictly prohibited.  Please notify us immediately by email at intadmin at awe.co.uk, and then delete this message from your computer.  While attachments are virus checked, AWE plc does not accept any liability in respect of any virus which is not detected.