[SunHELP] E3500 Crash

Bret Adams bret at fabrikant.com
Thu May 1 09:08:33 CDT 2003

Confirm what chips you have.  If they are the RISC 400 mhz with 8MB ecache,
they have a known defect which can cause crashes.  My 3500 crashed out of
the blue.  There were some messages in the message file about a fatal
instruction to the CPU which it could not recover from and it should tell
you which CPU it was.   My viewpoint was one crash in one year could be a
fluke, more than one and you should look to replace the CPU that had the
problem.  If you can confirm that was the case.

Good luck.

Bret