[SunHELP] bash for root

Bob Ababurko ababurko at adelphia.net
Mon Mar 24 23:05:20 CST 2003

Bob Ababurko <ababurko at adelphia.net> wrote:

 > Is is alright for root to use bash.  IF so, would I use /bin/bash?  I
 > am mostly interested in the command finishing <tab> feature so what
 > would my alternative be?

I don't use bash for root on any system other than Linux.  However, I
*do* usually start bash immediately after logging in.

--
Kurt                 "Who am I kidding?  Cake is just a delivery
kurt at k-huhn.com        mechanism for icing."

Can someone explain to me the differences and advantages of running bash
from within /sbin/sh as root in contrast to using/bash as the login shell.

thanks,