(fwd) Re: [SunHELP] SunNewbie...still can't access internet after install of OS...

Jeffrey Nonken jeff_work at nonken.net
Sun Mar 16 10:52:35 CST 2003

Did I mention that I hate lists that don't have a reply-to to the list?

On Sun, 16 Mar 2003 11:51:41 -0500, Jeffrey Nonken <jeff_work at nonken.net>
wrote:

On Sun, 16 Mar 2003 10:40:32 -0500, "Marvin Cummings" <marvc at bellsouth.net>
wrote:

> Also. Does anyone know if Sun is like Red Hat and Microsoft where once
> you connect a system to the internet you're prompted with any and all
> available updated for that system? Or do you have to go and locate each
> individual update or latest patch for the Solaris OS? I see the
> Sunfreeware site and I just wonder how everyone else obtains updates and
> such.
> I ask this even thou I'm unable to access the internet. Talk about
> anxious.)

FTP: sunsolve.sun.com
User: ftp
Pass: an email address
Directory: /pub/patches

Look for:
8_Recommended.README
8_Recommended.zip
or
8_x86_Recommended.README
8_x86_Recommended.zip

depending on which version you're running (SPARC or x86).

---
IBM: It may be slow, but at least it's expensive.

---
IBM: It may be slow, but at least it's expensive.