[SunHELP] Remote control

Koyote koyote at koyote.cx
Sat Mar 15 11:11:37 CST 2003

This is how I do it- it's a bit non standard maybe, but it works on a
lot of machines in my wireless life :)

I allow remote connections explicitly (x forwarding) in the sshd config
file. (make sure you restart so the config is reread)

I allow x connections in the client ssh config files.

set xhost appropriately.

I make sure there is a pretty unbogus, normal, basic X on the client
machine (cygwin should do it, but it'd be nice if you could test on a
linux, bsd, or other sun box if you have problems)

ssh me at wibble.nonkenhaus.net

from there you should be able to type xterm & and see an xterm pop
up. (it may take a while)

I'm probably forgetting something since it is way too early.