[SunHELP] newbie unclear on post installation steps of solaris 8 on ultra sparc...

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 13 22:21:34 CST 2003

Why not just "sys-unconfig" (after logging in as root), and when the
box comes back up set DNS up properly? The trick is that the name you
specify for the box (name & domain) needs to point to a valid DNS entry
on the DNS servers you supply.

I use dyndns.org for my home domain, and by checking a "wildcard"
option, anything qualifier/host name in font of my dynamic dns address
resolves to my home IP address...

hope this helps,

=====
Lionel