[SunHELP] newbie unclear on post installation steps of solaris 8 on ultra sparc...

TomST at netins.com TomST at netins.com
Thu Mar 13 14:51:04 CST 2003

Looks like you are trying to set up your Solaris 8 box as a DNS client.  The
files that you will need to make/configure are the /etc/resolv.conf and the
/etc/nsswitch.conf.

sample /etc/resolv.conf
domain somedomain.com
nameserver ipaddressofmydnsserver
nameserver ipaddressofmybackupdnsserver

in the /etc/nsswitch.conf change the line that reads
hosts: files
to read