[SunHELP] Cluster Administration Questionnaire Overview for survey

Naser Ali Ali.Naser at irs.gov
Thu Mar 13 09:33:24 CST 2003

Gurus,

In an effort to learn more and future planning, we have come up with this
survey. I thought it would useful to post it on this list and get the
opinions of list members as it will educational for others as well. Your
input will be greatly appreciated.
If anyone of you believe that this should not have been posted on this list
please let me know and I ll take it off the list

1) What cluster application do you currently use? What version?

2) Are you familiar with additional cluster applications? What versions?

3) Please name and describe the database you work with?

4) What has been your experience with upgrades?

5) Describe your experience with failure and fail over?

6) What would your estimate of unplanned down time be?

7) Please describe you experiences administering this cluster technology,

8) How would you rate the ease of administrative burden relative to the
tasks
needed to administer the system? Please describe.

9) Overall how would you rate your vendor in the following categories?
  Technology reliability
  Quality of support
  Ease of installation
  Quality of consulting
  Quality of overall cluster technology solution.

Thanks

Aali Naser
EFDS Development