[SunHELP] Disk Array Query

Howard Hurst howard.hurst at UnitedAdvertising.co.uk
Tue Jan 14 03:37:02 CST 2003

Hi,

I've just been asked to look around for a solution to the following
"problem"...

We have 2 X E4500's and 3 X E450's (all running Solaris 2.6) and I've been
asked as to whether they could all be connected up to a single disk array
such as a T3... We'd need the potential to have up to 500Gb of capacity
(maybe a bit less - everyone is a bit vague on the figures!).

 I was just wondering if anyone else had a similar setup and could make any
suggestions as to whether this is actually posiible or if there is a better
solultion, etc? Would there be any potential performance issues?

Thanks,

Howard.

howard.hurst at unitedadvertising.co.uk
United Advertising Publications Plc. Poole BH15 1LL, UK
http://www.unitedadvertising.co.uk
IMPORTANT: Any views or opinions are solely those of the author
and do not necessarily represent those of United Business Media.
material. If you are not the intended recipient of this message,
please do not read, copy, use or disclose this communication and
notify the sender immediately. It should be noted that any review,
retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any
action in reliance upon, this information by persons or entities
other than the intended recipient is prohibited.
IMPORTANT. Any views or opinions are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of United Business Media. The information transmitted is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. If you are not the intended recipient of this message, please do not read, copy, use or disclose this communication and notify the sender immediately. It should be noted that any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or  taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited.