[SunHELP] high load now ...

Ben Ricker bricker at wellinx.com
Mon Jan 13 14:57:03 CST 2003

On Mon, 2003-01-13 at 14:35, Bret Adams wrote:
> By the way, your box might not even be stable enough to compile top.  Try
> also ps -ef and look for any strange processes that might not look familiar.

Good point. However, Sunfreeware has pkg formats of top, so he should be
able to install it.

If not, I would suggest disabling networking, installing top, then
starting networking back up again.

Another point to add is that top may not work right during the high
loads. The less time between updates, the more load Top takes, which may
make a bad problem even worse.

Ben Ricker