[SunHELP] ndd-like tool on other *nixes?

CARL.P.HIRSCH at sargentlundy.com CARL.P.HIRSCH at sargentlundy.com
Wed Feb 12 09:28:54 CST 2003

An FTP server I run has a session stuck in FIN_WAIT_1, and it's been that
way for a couple of days, I don't believe there's a PID associated anymore
with that session for me to kill.

I'm looking for a way to clear the session out of FIN_WAIT_1. Short of
restarting the server or the FTP daemon, or spoofing a packet to close the
session, it looks like the ndd tool with the tcp_discon argument would do
the trick.

But the thing is, I'm not running Solaris or HPUX. It's a SCO Unixware
(actually "Caldera Open Unix") machine. *ducks*. Looks like the SCO
equivalent to ndd is inconfig. inconfig has no similar capabilities to
tcp_discon.

So is my only option to restart the ftp process?

thanks,
-carl