[SunHELP] script to change passwd field of /etc/shadow file

Dan Williams dan_williams at ntlworld.com
Sun Dec 21 19:05:19 CST 2003

hike1272-sunhelp at yahoo.com wrote:

>gee, this sounds like a homework assignment!
>
>don't you think you should do your own homework?
>

>man sort
>man awk
>man sed

 Can't you just wait until the user comes back to you and says my
password/files/mail etc. has changed.

But seriously, I was would be interested to know what various systems do
with more duplicate users, the system I have to use at work is loosely
based around pick and Iyou can't login at all if that happens.

Most other systems I use at home and I never seen the consequences.

Thanks
Dan