[SunHELP] Swapping SPARC II 300Mhz for SPARC II 450Mhz on an Ultra60???

Hichael Morton mh1272 at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 20 01:22:15 CST 2003

take a look at the sun systems handbook on sunsolve.

it will list the hardware information for both ultras.

you will find that both ultras will take different speed cpus.

you will also find that both ultras will take different systemboards.

the systemboard and the cpus must be compatible for a cpu upgrade to
work.

that is, not all cpus will work with all systemboards for the ultra 60.
the same is true for the ultra 5/10.

of course, the ultra 60 parts and the ultra 5/10 parts are not
interchangable.