[SunHELP] mutilhomed ethernet

Michael A. Turner mturner at whro.org
Wed Aug 13 18:31:05 CDT 2003

	Any and all,

	I wish to add an internal network address to my solaris machine in
addition to it's external address. The router that it is connected to can
handle both requests. I have tried to find a way to bind this second IP
address to my eri0 interface but I cannot figure it out. I have added the
internal address to the hosts file with a different name from the external
address. Defualtrouter has the correct router in it.ifconfig shows me this
for the interface : eri0: flags=1000843<UP,BROADCAST,RUNNING,MULTICAST,IPv4>
mtu 1500 index 2 inet 64.5.141.5 netmask ffffff00 broadcast 64.5.141.255.How
can I make this machine think that it is operating both on the 192.168.99.*
internal network and the 64.5.141.* external network off of this one
interface?

Michael A. Turner
Systems Engineer WHRO
michael.turner at whro.org