[SunHELP] Pb Multimaster replica Directory Server 5.1

michel.razafindramalo-prestataire at laposte.fr michel.razafindramalo-prestataire at laposte.fr
Tue Apr 15 09:49:48 CDT 2003

Hi all.
I have a big problem to replicate data between 2 servers using Direcory
Server 5.1 that hold list of users and groups that I manage.
Let me explain you my situation.
I'm French and my english is not so pure, so sorry if I explain not so
good ;-)
I have 2 servers : servers A and servers B.
Servers A : HP UX 11, Directory Server 5.1
Servers B : Sun Solaris 8, Directory Server 5.1
I have created successfully the users cn=Replication Manager on the both
sides and made the replication agreement also.
>From Server A, I did the initialisation in order to populate the server B.
It works ! I can see in the servers B all the data that I have on A.
The replication type is Multimaster.
My problem is that when I make changes on the server B, it doesn't make
change on server A.
I take a look at the log file, no errors, I take a look at the replication
status on server B, no modification was made on it but I can see clearly
that the connection between the 2 servers are correct (in the replication
status, I see that last connection is about 5 mn ago).
In fact, in server B, when I make changes in an entry (for example a user
entry), I don't see these changes is the same user on server A !
Otherwise, on server A, if I update userdata, I can see it in the minute
after in the server B !!!!

I've searching since 1 week but I don't have a solution that works.

Can someone help me or give an advice please ?

Thanx.

Michel
Post-scriptum La Poste

Ce message est confidentiel. Sous riserve de tout accord conclu par
icrit entre vous et La Poste, son contenu ne reprisente en aucun cas un
engagement de la part de La Poste. Toute publication, utilisation ou
diffusion, mjme partielle, doit jtre autorisie prialablement. Si vous
n'jtes pas destinataire de ce message, merci d'en avertir immidiatement
l'expiditeur.