[SunHELP] NFS / CDROM

Wed Oct 30 16:45:33 CST 2002

did you share the cdrom ?
also consider the /etc/hosts.allow configuration on the linux box, I have
had issues
with samba there but not NFS

HTH

-----Original Message-----
From: Joe Stump [mailto:joe at joestump.net]
Sent: Wednesday, October 30, 2002 5:31 PM
To: sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Subject: [SunHELP] NFS / CDROM

I'm having problems mounting NFS mounts. My NFS server is running Linux. The
normal mount -F nfs server:/mnt/mount /mnt/mount is returning this error:

# mount -F nfs 192.168.1.204:/mnt/genesis/setup /mnt/data/
nfs mount: 192.168.1.204: : RPC: Program not registered
nfs mount: retrying: /mnt/data

Maybe I went crazy killing stuff in my inetd.conf?

Also, vold is running but when I put in a CDROM it doesn't mount in /cdrom
and
now when I type eject it keeps trying to eject the floppy - doh!

--Joe

--
Joe Stump
http://www.joestump.net