[SunHELP] sun e450 scsi problem

Joe Stump joe at joestump.net
Wed Oct 30 08:51:14 CST 2002

Bill,

Heh, figured out the serial port problem. I have output coming through on
Hyperterm (yay!), but get a Fatal SCSI erorr which reads something like
this:

"Fatal SCSI error at script address 8 Illegal instruction\nDrive not ready"

I'm the first one to admit that I'm stumbling through this ... I've search
marc and google and found a few posts about this problem, but no replies.
I've found a few possible solutions, but I can't seem to get to the "ok"
prompt. BTW, I also resest the NVRAM with "Stop+N".

The drives are in slots 0 and 1 locally and I have a sun installation cd
burned fresh from sun.com in the cdrom drive.

--Joe

ps. To Bill: thought I'd take this to the list instead of bothering you
offlist :) - thanks for your help!

--
Joe Stump
http://www.joestump.net